Graduation project – Robotic Positioning of corrugated printing plates
The goal of this project is to design, build and test a robotic manipulator for automatically positioning corrugated flexographic printing plates on the AV Flexologic Flatmount 3000 machine. This system will use image recognition software to recognize reference marks using HD cameras. The focus of this project is in the mechanical and mechatronic field.
Flexologic has a wide portfolio of flexographic plate mounting machines. Within this portfolio, the Flatmount 3000, AV Flexologic intends to bring onto the market an automated positioning system for the flexographic printing plates.
This system has several design requirements, the main requirements being:
- 2 high precision degrees of freedom: X, Y
- Vertical movement Z
- High accuracy positioning <0.005mm
- High speed positioning
- Modular design
- Perform research study, document and understand requirements
- Research available technologies (hardware and software)
- Design of a prototype hardware system
- Source materials and build a working prototype
- Analyzing results and make suggestions for improvements
During the project the student is expected to report his/her findings with an end result a graduation thesis report.
We are looking for:
- Mechanical engineering / mechatronics study
- Ability to plan well and manage projects as well as resources
- Technical and hands-on mentality
- A flexible and creative person
Start as soon as possible. Career opportunities and growth possibilities.
Interested? Contact Martijn Otten, Managing Director AV Flexologic: firstname.lastname@example.org